Friday 26 November 2010

3 month in Italy

Wow, it’s been 3 month since I got here. So much happen in those 3 month in to be honest, it feels like much more. Italy is home now, I do not miss Israel as I expected though I do miss some things and people from Israel. Relax, its not that I will not go back, but at this point right no Italy is home, and I love it.

I have been improving my Italian slowly and getting some more confidence in speaking though I still don’t have a wide enough vocabulary to hold a full conversation, Damn, I can ask for beer or to say what I`m doing here, but it is an improvement.


School is busy and demanding, we got a lot of work recently and it’s been harder and harder to balance between schoolwork and social life. It should slow down after the 29th of November but it is all relative so we will see how it goes.



We got one assignment that I didn’t like in particular, not because I don`t like to be criticized or to give criticism but because I think this is too early for us. We need to write a peer evaluation about 3 classmates, how they act in a working team and stuff like that. The problem is that we didn`t do enough team assignments in order to assess this, its very complicated and writing with out being biased from the after school social life was very challenging.


Its `s getting cold here, temperatures are drooping at nighttime and with a little wind it is hard to cope with it.  The other day I was waiting for the bus about 15 minutes and by the time I got home I was shivering, thank god that the apartment is over heated, I guess know I know why they do it like that. We have a centralized heating in the building so we cannot control the level of it. 


November its the big birthday month, its seems that every one I know celebrate on November. We celebrated Natasha`s BD last week with a crazy night of drinking and partying in a nice club in Trieste. Finally we found one that we weren’t the oldest (!!!) people in the club. Now Alex, and tomorrow-celebrating Caroline and then heather. We cannot forget Roxanne`s BD party that turned to be an unforgettable night with the Portuguese friends of ours.


Few weeks ago we went to Rugby match between Argentina and Italy. Joao, Manu Jose and myself rented a car and drove to Verona. Fun drives about 3 hours give or take. We got to the city at about 1am and went off course to see Joliet, actually we went to take a picture touching Juliet tits.... some would say that this is for good luck in some fields of life....



Christmas is almost here; the streets are full of light and Christmas trees. Christmas stores starting to show up in every corner offering verity of decoration for your house. I love it, it feels magical like some thing big is about to happen and everyone is taking part in it. I look forward for Christmas, my parents will be here and we will try to get much of the atmosphere of this holiday. It’s going to be a great holiday, 10 days with the parents followed by a week with Shira in Trieste and road tripping..... Maybe New Years in Belgrade (if we will make it there :) with Asja and Dejan and other friends I look forward to it.


In the mean time keep it worm, here it is FREEZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment